a preview of the most promising upcoming films

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Guide to CinExcite Ratings

CinExcite ratings are based purely on my own taste in films, and are subject to change at any time, especially as reviews become available just prior to a film’s release. If you disagree with me about a rating, I welcome a discussion with you.

I come up with my ratings very quickly, based heavily on instinct and first impressions. I evaluate the trailer, the marketing pitch, and the poster, and ask myself two questions: “Will I see this film?” and, if not, “Is it still worth bringing to people’s attention?”

5 stars: Must-see; will feature on my monthly Best Of lists. Negative reviews are not likely to affect my plans to see these films.
4 stars: Will see; but not compelled to hype them before opening. Will more carefully monitor for negative reviews as release date approaches.

Films I will share with others
3 stars: Strong
2 stars: Moderate
1 star: Weak

Reject: Reviewed, but found no reason to list the film or share it with others.

All films reviewed will be added to the master list of films.

0 comments:

Post a Comment