a preview of the most promising upcoming films

Sunday, May 24, 2009

The Boys: The Sherman Brothers

When I saw this movie preview yesterday, it made me so happy and filled with joy, I was almost on the verge of tears.

Little did I know that almost all of the wonderful Disney songs we’ve loved were written by the same talented two brothers, over a span of sixty years.

You simply must see this trailer to believe it. It will take you back to that candy-colored time of visits to the movies and Disneyland, with all its bright colors, lovable animated characters, and warm and simple good fun.

I believe it is for films like this that I have started CinExcite! Upcoming Films. Why do I say that? Because had I not been working on this project to get the website and the Facebook page up and running, I would never have stumbled upon this treasure. Just today I found out the movie already opened in New York City, and is playing at one of my favorite art houses. But if I hadn’t been diligently reviewing hundreds of movie trailers, there’s almost no reason to believe I would have learned about it. And I would never have had the chance to bring it to your attention.

This is what is going to make CinExcite! Upcoming Films so important. Not its ability to broadcast the big blockbusters with the most famous stars that everyone will hear of anyway. No, it will be for movies like this, and for those like The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, and The Forlorn, and Map of the Sounds of Tokyo.

So I am pleased to bring this film to your attention, and invite you to use my signature web profile below to see the trailer, read reviews, find a theatre, and purchase tickets. If you’d like to be notified of the nationwide release dates, please add this film to your Facebook Events.


THE BOYS: THE SHERMAN BROTHER'S STORY | May 22 (New York)
The Boys: The Sherman Brothers’ Story is a feature-length documentary about the Sherman brothers, the astoundingly prolific Academy Award-winning songwriting team whose successful professional collaboration in family entertainment masked the brothers’ escalating personal differences throughout their six-decade partnership. Songs include Winnie The Pooh, Chim Chim Cher-ee, and It’s a Small World. Robert Sherman, Richard Sherman, Walt Disney, Gregory V. Sherman (dir)

0 comments:

Post a Comment