a preview of the most promising upcoming films

Monday, May 25, 2009

“Das weiße Band”, Palme d’Or winner

As you know, Cannes’ Palme d’Or (their Best Film) just went to director Michael Haneke for “Das weiße Band” (“The White Ribbon”).

Desperate to see the trailer (of course), I scoured the web for anything I could find. My search led me to StoryTellerTrailer’s blog, where I found the following clips, in German with French subtitles. They convey what this film looks and feels like.

About the film:
A village in Protestant northern Germany.
1913-1914. On the eve of World War I.
The story of the children and teenagers of a choir run by the village schoolteacher, and their families: the baron, the steward, the pastor, the doctor, the midwife, the tenant farmers.
Strange accidents occur and gradually take on the character of a punishment ritual.
Who is behind it all?
Here are the clips. Often these videos disappear from their original sites without warning, so I suggest you watch them as soon as you can:










0 comments:

Post a Comment